Beginners Weaving Workshop – In Store
Our new Beginners Weaving Workshop is available for small in store classes. Set in our bespoke class room in our bead and craft shop in Market Deeping, Peterborough.
Sue is an experienced crafter and is looking forward to sharing this skill with our customers. During the class we will work on a loom to create a small bespoke wall hanging. Image shown is a larger project, finish one on the day is likely to be smaller.
You will use an assortment of wool roving, fabric, wool and fibres to make a bespoke weave. We will aim to cover techniques including the following;-
- How to warp a loom
- Rya knots
- Tabby weave
- How to finish off (hem stitch).
- How to take off the loom.
- Finishing off/hanging.
What you need to know:-
- Tuesday 5th October 10-1
- All materials are provided for the workshop
- We have a range of fibres perfect for recreating this project in store if you need to purchase anything on the day
- Held instore at our bead and craft shop.